Are daily reflections an integral part of your class? This writing journal is perfect for an online classroom with Chromebooks or tablets --- even a BYOD (bring-your-own-device) classroom can benefit!
The journal was developed in Google Slides --- not ported from PowerPoint. It's easy to edit and looks just as good on a phone as it does on a tablet --- or a Chromebook. Because it was built in Google Slides, the instructions adapt to the device. For example --- on the computer, the text box says, "Click to add text." On a mobile device like an iPhone, iPad, or Android tablet, the instructions say, "Double tap to add text."
Even better, on a mobile device, you can use the microphone to input text. Very cool! It may take some practice for us, but I'll bet the digital babes in the classroom already know how.
My students did everything on their phones -- they read eBooks, checked out links, and participated in the discussion. The big frustration was that they couldn't do assignments. Now, I've fixed that. A phone may not be a perfect solution, but it works! It's also a way to teach time management --- like do your assignment before you Facebook.
Online resources make life so much easier for the teacher. They are engaging and play to students' strengths. I also like the way they can keep parents informed. (Just give parents a link that they can open on their phones with the Google apps.)
The writing journal has editable writing prompts as well as editable titles. Maybe you want to do reflections by subject instead of days of the week. No problem! A quick edit makes the journal fit your requirements.
A writing log is provided as the last page in case you assign reading as homework.
This resource is not grade specific.
- Use my resources for your own class.
- Customize as necessary.
- Take all the credit for a way-cool classroom.
- Use as many times as you wish for different classes and/or different situations.
- Share these materials with other teachers. (Please buy an additional license. There is a discount for multiple licenses!)
- Repackage or reformat my materials to offer for free or for resale.
- Repurpose graphics or other materials for use outside the educational environment.
- Post my materials on any blog, website, or school Intranet; they are for educational use only.
Copying any part of this product and/or placing it on the Internet in any form is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).