Crosswords and word searches are a great way to review the information. Depending on the format you use, it gives the children a choice in how they want to review the information.
This includes EVERY Crossword and Word Search from my various Virginia History packs and a bonus Years in Review all in one! It is a great way to review and help them learn the information.
Some options for use:
-The information on the word search and crossword is the same, just presented differently.
1) Copy one word search and one crossword back to back and give them the option of which they want to do (I will usually do one of the sides with a word bank). Most kids finish both sides which is great review.
2) Give one (with or without word banks depending on the student) during the unit and save the other for review at the end of the year.
3) Hand out the crossword to half the class and the word search to the other half and have them pair up to complete both.
4) Give one side for classwork and one side for homework.
5) Make them into a workbook for each student and assign pages as needed for centers and review.
6) Use them as review or morning work the morning of the quiz to see who is ready.
7) Put them on the back of a notes page or question and answer text book page for fast finishers.
It is also included in my Growing Virginia Bundle!
Become a fan for free for 15 minutes deals and first looks for followers of my store
and fans of my Facebook