Articles of Confederation
Constitutional Compromises Lesson
Virginia Plain, New Jersey Plan, and the Great Compromise
Aim: What needs to happen for people to agree?
Buy the BUNDLE and SAVE!!
•• This product is also included in the Articles of Confederation UNIT BUNDLE!
Included in this product:
• Title page
• Do Now/Motivation/Critical Thinking opening question
• Definition of compromise & benefits
• Compromise #1: The Power of the Central Government reading passage and diagram
• Virginia Plan graphic organizer
• Compromise #2: Representation in the Legislature graphic organizer
• The Great Compromise reading passage with scaffolding questions
• Application/Closing/Higher-Order thinking question
• Answer Key for Teachers
Students will research and analyze the compromises made at the Constitutional Convention in 1787; Virginia Plan, New Jersey Plan, the Great Compromise
Differentiation: graphic organizer, research, cooperative (may work with a partner according to teacher's discretion for questions)
Digital Papers by Christi Fultz and Ashley Hughes
© 2014 A Social Studies Life
For personal use only. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. Please have other teachers purchase their own copy. If you are a school or district interested in purchasing several licenses, please contact me for a district-wide quote.