Virginia state flip books are an interactive and meaningful therapy activity to teach your students all about Virginia while addressing speech and language goals! There are 5 flipbooks included in this resource. The flipbooks include basic information about the state symbols, a map where your students will highlight cities containing their target sound, famous person from Virginia bio, Virginia history/fun facts, and a maze with Virginia-related speech words!
These flipbooks are primarily intended for speech/language children. This resource contains a flip book for each of the following phonemes: /s, r, l/. There is also a language flipbook.
In each speech flipbook:
- Title page
- State Symbols – finding target sound
- Famous person with the targeted speech sound
- Places in Virginia – geography & finding targets sound
- Fun Facts – finding target sound
- Virginia History – oral reading activity
- Maze containing Virginia speech words
In the language flipbook:
- Title page
- State Symbols – category exercise
- Famous Person Bio
- Places in Virginia – verbal persuasion task
- Fun Virginia Facts
- Virginia Questions – reading comprehension task
- Virginia Vocabulary Maze – verbal description task
“S” Flipbook: Pages 4-10
“R” Flipbook: Pages 11-17
“L” Flipbook: Pages 18-24
Language Flipbook: Pages 25-31
Georgia Open-Ended Flipbook: 32-38
Bonus: Page 39 is a full map of the continental U.S. with Virginia shaded in so your students can better visualize the geography.