Also included in
- This Virginia Studies Bundle comes with EVERY lesson and activity needed to teach Virginia Studies for an ENTIRE YEAR at a discounted price! Each Virginia Studies unit is hands-on and incorporates LOTS of critical thinking and literacy skills. Examples of hands-on activities include simulation activ$127.00$221.18Save $94.18
Virginia Studies: Civil War Unit is a hands-on unit that combines history and language arts skills. Everything you need to teach a unit about the role of Virginia in the Civil War can be found here!
For a closer look at the activities in this unit, see the product preview!
What Skills Are Covered In This Virginia Studies Unit?
This Virginia Studies: Civil War Unit includes 6 detailed lesson plans. All lessons are hands-on and incorporate literacy skills. Students will investigate--
- The major differences between the North and the South
- Events that led to secession and the Civil War
- Important Virginians who played a role during the Civil War
- The reasons why West Virginia became a state
- Major battles that took place in Virginia
- The roles different Virginians played during the Civil War
What Is Included In This Virginia Studies Unit?
This Civil War: Virginia Studies Unit comes with:
- 13 Worksheets
- 12 Timeline Cards
- 6 Close Reading Passages & Comprehension Questions: All of the passages and questions can also be shared with students digitally and completed using Google Slides.
- 6 Entry/Exit Tickets
- 4 Sorts/Foldables
- 2 Writing Activities
- 1 Group Activity
- 1 Quiz
- 1 Final Test
- 1 Timeline of Suggested Activities: Provides a timeline for using the activities included within this unit and provides links to websites featuring videos about concepts being taught.
- Answer keys included throughout
Students will become fully immersed in learning about Virginia before and during the Civil War as they complete hands-on activities, watch video clips, and research past events!
Are Digital Resources Included?
All of the passages and comprehension questions, most worksheets, the quiz, and the test within this Virginia Studies: Civil War Unit are also included in a digital format and can be shared with students using your Google Drive.
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student's completed version of the slides. Video tutorials are also included to help you share interactive Google Slides with your students.
What Standards Are Covered?
This unit is specifically aligned with Virginia Studies SOL VS.7. The unit has been updated to reflect the 2015 changes to the standard.
What Are Other Buyers Saying?
“If you teach 4th grade VA Studies...PURCHASE THIS! Covers the entire Civil War Unit spot on.” (Rebecca D.)
“This was the perfect resource for teaching Virginia Studies! Everything is in student friendly language and well organized.” (Kelli B.)
“Awesome packet on Civil War for VA studies. Covers everything and THEN SOME!” (Heather P.)
“I loved how well this resource is so well organized and easy to follow.” (Ashley S.)
“Great resource! My kids LOVE your units. They help keep me organized and on track as a new 4th grade teacher. THANK YOU!” (Amy H.)
The following product is included in this unit:
Want to save money?
This Virginia Studies: Civil War is included in the Virginia Studies Bundle for a discounted price!
You may also be interested in:
Follow my TpT store to learn about the newest resources and freebies!
Feedback helps me to create great products for you to use in your classroom. Please consider leaving detailed feedback about how this resource worked in your classroom. Each time you provide feedback, you earn TpT credits that can be redeemed for free and discounted resources on TpT in the future.
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom LLC. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).