Virginia in the American Revolution Unit is a hands-on unit that combines history and language arts skills! Everything you need to teach a unit about Virginia during the American Revolution can be found here! Included:
+ 6 Detailed Lesson Plans: Lessons cover topics relating to Virginia during the American Revolution such as—
- The reasons why the colonists declared independence
- The Declaration of Independence
- The differences between patriots and loyalists
- The roles of different groups of people during the Revolutionary War (American Indians, women, enslaved African Americans, free African Americans)
- Famous Virginians during the American Revolution (George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Patrick Henry, and James Lafayette)
- The role of the Marquis de Lafayette during the Revolutionary War
- The American victory at Yorktown
- The reasons for moving Virginia’s capital from Williamsburg to Richmond
This unit includes:
+ 13 Worksheets
+ 7 Timeline Cards
+ 6 Close Reading Passages & Comprehension Questions: All of the passages and questions can also be shared with students digitally and completed using Google Slides.
+ 5 Sorts/Foldables
+ 4 Entry/Exit Tickets
+ 4 Group Activities
+ 2 Simulation Activities: Two Stamp Act simulation activities are included.
+ 1 Game
+ Final Test
+ Suggested Timeline for Completing Activities
+ Answer Keys for All Activities
Students will become fully immersed in learning about Virginia in the American Revolution as they complete hands-on activities, watch video clips, and research past events!
This unit is specifically aligned with Virginia Studies SOL VS.5. The unit has been updated to reflect the 2015 changes to the standard.
The following product is included in this unit:
Virginia in the American Revolution Passages & Questions
American Revolution I Have, Who Has
SAVE MONEY... this unit is included in the Virginia Studies Bundle
for a discounted price!
When you purchase this product, you will be given access to a link that will allow you to open the file in Google Slides. You’ll then share that file with your students. The slides can be printed and adapted for students who prefer to answer the questions by hand. You can also view and print a student's completed version of the slides.
If you like this product, please follow my store by clicking the green ‘follow me’ at the top of my store page. This will keep you up to date with the latest sales and freebies in my store! Also, please remember to leave feedback for this product. Not only does it help me ensure you are getting the highest quality products, but it also earns you points that can be redeemed for free and discounted products on TpT!
You may also be interested in:
Virginia in the American Revolution Task Cards
Virginia Regions Unit
Colonial Virginia Unit