The title of this virtual lab is “Heredity or Environment? The Effect of the Environment on Gene Expression.” Students will explore the concept that an organisms’s phenotype often depends on the influences of the environment. The characteristics of an organism are not determined solely by the genes that are inherited from the parents. Often, the expression of a gene is influenced by environmental factors.
This lab is designed to be used in Google Drive, Google Classroom, Microsoft OneDrive, or similar. This resource is a paperless, digital virtual lab that must be completed on a laptop or iPad. This resource is not designed to be a “printable” resource that is passed out to students in a traditional school setting.
This resource is perfect for distance learning and for students in 1:1 classrooms.
Why a Virtual Lab?
- Perfect for distance learning or homeschooling.
- Paperless for 1:1 Schools.
- No lab supplies? No problem!
- Save time by assigning as a take-home project or homework.
What will the students be doing?
- Students will work through an 18-slide Google Slides presentation that describes the experiment and allows the student to collect data.
- Students will record their data, work genetics problems, and answer questions on a separate Student Recording Worksheet.
- Remember: There is no paper or printable resource involved in this activity. Students will complete all work in Google Drive, Google Classroom, Microsoft OneDrive, or similar.
What s included in this resource?
- 18-Slide virtual lab presentation in Google Slides
- 6-Page Digital and Paperless Student Recording Worksheet
- 6-Page Teacher Guide and Answer Key to the Lab
- Comprehensive Guide on how to access and use this virtual lab in Google Drive, Google Classroom, and/or Microsoft OneDrive.
Related resources include:
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
You can find me at these locations as well: