Teacher friend, we see you stressed and anxious about the upcoming school year. Your mind is a whirlwind. Will it be… Virtual? Hybrid? In-Person? ALL the ABOVE? It is enough to make ANY person’s head spin- but thankfully Teachers are problem-solvers and go-getters. We don’t sit back and watch the clock tick away. Nope.. we think, plan and execute..
Is that why you’re here? Well get this, friend: You don’t have to do it on your own. We want to help you! Actually, we’ve been working ALL SUMMER to do just that. We want to provide you with a guide and a toolbox full of resources to get you going NO MATTER what your upcoming year holds. So, we’ve spent the last 6 weeks creating and perfecting this Virtual Classroom Survival Guide with YOU in mind. Whether distant learning or in-person instruction, we've got your back!
Who are the Authors?
A mighty team, I must say! Behind this resource you’ll find the knowledge and expertise of:
- Dr. Jean Feldman (Early Childhood Author & Expert)
- Barbara Gruener (Nationally recognized Counselor, Speaker & Character Coach)
- Laura Buonadonna (Pre-K Expert & Digital Learning Activity Designer)
- Toni Mullins (Primary Teacher & Digital Curriculum Developer)
What is the Virtual Classroom Survival Guide?
A step-by-step map on how to organize and initiate your virtual teaching endeavor. This book is broken into five major sections:
- Ready: Advice & pintables to get families on board with your virtual classroom. BIG focus on parent partnerships and building relationships with students through the distance.
- Set: Advice and teacher tools to get you and your learners prepared for the challenge. Visual cues, Emotional Literacy and Intentional Teaching are some of the big topics covered.
- Go: Instructional ideas and resources to help you meet the content needs of your distant learners.
- Just For Fun: A massive library of fun activities designed to make your online experiences more meaningful and memorable. We still need to provide experiences of happiness for our students no matter WHERE they are.
- Big Literary of Templates: This document includes many print-and-go items but also contains links to many EDITABLE resources that you can personalize to fit your classroom needs.
A Personal Letter: “Write About Your Little One” (Bond-building technique)
Welcome Kit (Gift for parents)
TLC for Parents (Gift for parents)
Teacher Contact Card (EDITBALE)
Parent Partnerships Handbook (Print, staple and create a strong partnership!)
ABC Building Blocks for Caregivers
Homeschool Survival Kit (EDITABLE)
Weekly Newsletter Template (EDITABLE)
Meet the Teacher Handout (EDITABLE)
Meet the Teacher Presentation (EDITABLE)
Digital About Me Book (EDITABLE)
Simple Interest Inventory
All About Me Book (Student)
My Feelings Journal Cover & Prompts
Student of the Week
Name Bears Template
Parent Supply List (EDITABLE)
- Numbers 1-10 (number line and ten frames)
- Numbers 1-20 (number line and ten frames)
Management Pops (Visual Cues for the Virtual Classroom)
- Class Schedule
- Class Rules
- Visual Directions
Mic On/Mic Off
Virtual School Chant (Single Page)
Virtual School Chant BOOK
- 18 Emotions Included
- BLANK faces for students to create their own emotion!
Social Story: Why Can’t I Go to School?
“Show Me” Cards
American Sign Language Poster
Tic-Tac-Toe Game Board
Beat the Teacher Game Board
BINGO Game Board (EDITABLE)
Dr. Jean Cheer Cards (54 Cards in ALL)
---> See Dr. Jean's Sneak Peak of this resource HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3auWWCJWAeY
Some of the highlights of this resource include:
**ALL contents are suitable for virtual, hybrid or in person learning!
*Teacher-friendly tips and tricks
*Innovative engagement strategies
*Brain breaks for meaningful movement
*Printable visual cues to assist with management
*Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) integration ideas
*Ideas to enrich school-to-home partnership
*Editable Meet-The-Teacher Bio Sheet, Supply Lists and MORE!
*Virtual Game Ideas w/ Templates
*Dr. Jean's Songs and Dances
Plus lots more!
Have questions or suggestions? Please leave them in the Q&A Section! :)