Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
4.87 MB | 10 pages
Have your students learn about viruses and create a poster! This project is a great end of the year project and this project is a great way for students to think about how the study of biology applies to them and the world around them!
This project is what I call a “guided” poster project. Instead of telling students to simply “create a poster about a virus”, I provide students with a framework for them to fill in. They still have some creative control but this framework helps students, especially struggling writers/readers or students who have a difficult time finishing or starting projects. They can paste/tape their finished pages onto a small white poster board, or even tape the individual sheets together to hang up on the wall.
Some parts are in an editable PowerPoint you can adjust for your own class. Because computer settings are user dependent, the formatting may need adjustment depending on your computer.
The following pages are included:
1. Student Instructions for creating their own virus poster. The instructions contain pictures of each page so students know what the instructions are referring to. These instructions are editable so you can customize them for your own class!
2. Map Page: Students color in the map to show where the virus is prevalent. There is a space indicated for students to write in their own picture legend.
3. Symptoms/Severity Page: Students cut and paste symbols from a symptom symbol page and describe in the space provided more specifically the symptoms of their virus.
4. Incubation Period/Seasons Page: Students color in the time of year that the virus is most likely to be spread and color in the average incubation period onto a calendar.
5. Blank Virus Sketch Page: Students sketch the virus and label relevant parts of the virus structure.
6. Additional Information Sheet: Students use this sheet to describe the high risk groups, treatments available, mortality statistics, mode of transmission. (Editable)
7. Project Poster Rubric: I left the point values for each category blank (__/__) so before you copy them for each student, fill in the number of points you want to assign per category. (Editable)
If you have any questions, suggestions, or corrections, please leave a question on the question and answer section of my store and I will get back to you quickly!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
**Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.
How to be the first to know about my discounts, freebies, and new products:
**Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.