PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This set of guided notes with biology doodles can be little anchor charts for your student to keep in their notebook! Using these pages, students can color, doodle, and make connections within the material as they takes notes in class. These pages help students learn the basics behind virus structure and infection, prion structure and infection, and the basics of their effects on human health!
This topic is usually introduced in the biochemistry unit of biology class.
There are two student pages:
1. Viruses: I cover the basics of what viruses are made of, connecting the 4 macromolecules (lipids, carbohydrates, proteins, and nucleic acids). I find this really helps students connect things together for the biochemistry unit and get them ready for the cells unit.
2. Prions: I cover prions after protein structure, because it is a really cool extension! Prions are a very active field of research and students love learning about something that is new and largely unknown. In the page, I give some history of prions, what they're made of, what we know, and a story about Kuru, a prion disease that was once common among a cannibal tribe in Papua New Guinea.
Please see the preview and read the description carefully to see what is included:
Included in the PDF file:
* Student Sample (2 pages)
* Teacher Tips/Discussion Tips (3 pages)
* Teacher Answer Key (2 pages)
* Three different options for student pages (3 different options of the same 2 student pages)
* Three different pages with exit tickets (1/4 page size). I also include an answer key for teachers for these exit tickets.
All files are non-editable PDFs. They are non-editable to protect the images that are copyrighted and purchased through licenses. Thanks for understanding!
(C) Bethany Lau
All Rights Reserved.