This unit test / final assessment on viruses and bacteria is an editable test bank of questions that will allow you to make the perfect unit test for your life science or biology students in grades 8 - 12.
There are 106 questions of varying formats on the test : Fill in the blank, matching, multiple choice and short answer. All answers are included.
Please Note: This product is included in my Viruses and Bacteria Complete Unit Plan Bundle. Click this link to view bundle.
This unit test covers the following information:
• What is a virus? Includes definitions and the work of two scientists: Beijerinck and Stanley.
• Characteristics of Viruses
• Students will label a diagram of a virus and define each structure.
• Parts of a virus: capsid, nucleic acid, host specificity.
• Viruses: Living or Nonliving? Covers both living and nonliving characteristics of viruses.
• Viral reproduction: How do they do it? Includes lytic and lysogenic cycles. Students will label a diagram of the lytic cycle.
• Comparison of Viruses and Cells
• Viral Diseases
• Viroids and Prions
• Characteristics of Bacteria
• Classification of Prokaryotes: Archaebacteria and Eubacteria
• Archaebacteria: Characteristics, methanogens, halophiles, and thermoacidophiles.
• Structure of a bacterial cell: Students will label a diagram of a bacterial cell.
• How do bacteria obtain energy? Discussion of heterotrophs, autotrophs, parasites, saprophytes, photosynthesis, chemosynthesis, obligate aerobes, obligate anaerobes, and facultative anaerobes.
• Growth and reproduction of bacteria: requirements for growth, binary fission, conjugation, endospore formation
• The importance of bacteria: Role of decomposers, nitrogen fixation, human uses of bacteria.
• Bacterial diseases in humans: Ways bacteria cause disease, pathogens, vaccines, antibiotics.
• Symbiotic relationships: mutualism, commensalism, and parasitism is discussed.
The test is in "word" format so that you can make changes to better suit your needs. You will also receive a pdf version. Your download will consist of a test that is ready to be copied and passed out to your students.
Related Products Include:
Viruses and Bacteria Powerpoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Viruses and Bacteria Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Viruses and Bacteria: Complete Teaching Unit
Viruses and Bacteria Task Cards
Lab: Controlling Bacterial Growth
Lab: Microorganisms in School (Growing Bacteria)
Lab: Soil Communities (Testing for Bacteria in the Soil)
Viruses: Homework and Study guide
Bacteria Homework / Study Guide
Viruses Crossword Puzzle
Bacteria and Prokaryotes Crossword Puzzle
Viruses Powerpoint Jeopardy Review Game
Biology Lab: The Effect of Antiseptics and Disinfectants on Bacterial Growth
Bacteria Powerpoint Jeopardy Review Game
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
My Blog: Amy Brown Science.com
My Facebook Page