Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
44.57 MB | 54 (total of student and teacher pages) pages
Viruses and Bacteria: NO PREP Biology or Life Science Warm-Ups, Bell-Ringers, Exit Slips, or Additions to Interactive Notebooks. Includes 23 student pages of biology and life science warm ups or bell ringers for your unit on Viruses and Bacteria. Student pages are divided into two categories:
• Viruses (12 pages)
• Bacteria (11 pages)
How can these be used?
• Warm Ups or Bell Ringers
• Exit Slips
• Additions to Interactive Notebooks
• Homework Assignments
• Tutoring and Review
• Short daily quizzes
• Completed notebook is perfect for semester exam review.
Classroom management is a very large part of what we do every day as science teachers, and the first few minutes of a class period can be somewhat chaotic. You can turn this chaotic time at the beginning of your class into an organized time of meaningful learning.
****Included in this product:
• 23 warm-up or bell-ringer activities (23 pages)
• Complete answer keys (23 Teacher Answer Pages)
• 5-page Teacher Guide
• Editable Template for creating your own warm-ups.
• Editable templates for starting your own interactive, warm up notebooks.
The pages are printed landscape style. The pages look best if printed in color, but also look great if printed in black/white. Each activity is one-half page in size. Two identical warm-ups are printed per page in order to conserve paper. These half-page activities can be collected and quickly graded, or you might want to have your students keep a daily warm-up notebook. These warm-ups will make excellent additions to your interactive notebooks.
Virus Titles Include: (12 pages):
• Introduction to Viruses
• Viruses: True or False?
• Label It!
• Living or Nonliving?
• Viral Reproduction
• The Lytic Cycle
• The Lysogenic Cycle
• More on Viruses
• Comparison of Viruses to Cells
• Viral Diseases
• Viroids and Prions
Bacteria Titles Include (11 pages):
• Introduction to Bacteria
• Classifying Bacteria
• Characteristics of Bacteria
• Label the Bacterial Cell
• The Bacterial Cell Drawing
• How Do Bacteria Obtain Energy?
• Growth and Reproduction
• The Importance of Bacteria
• Bacterial Diseases
• The History of Vaccines
• Thinking Critically About Viruses and Bacteria
In this time saving classroom management strategy, all you have to do is print the pages, cut them in half and put your students to work.