Thematic Christian-centered unit study worksheets from Mayes Homeschool intended for homeschoolers from 4th - 6th grade.
Theme: Vision/Human Eye
The unit plan includes:
- Social Studies (2 worksheets):
Benjamin Franklin and the Invention of Bifocal Glasses
• Learn about how Benjamin Franklin's bifocal glasses
work employing both concave and convex lenses
• Vocabulary (learning the definition of diplomat, polymath
• Write a paragraph about an invention you would create to
make life easier in the 1700's
- Geometry (1 worksheet):
Concave and convex polygons
• Study definitions of convex and concave polygons
• Identify whether shapes are convex/concave polygons or not
• Find the perimeter of two polygon shapes
- Science: (5 pages/worksheets):
Vision and the Human Eye
• Define of optic nerve, blind spot and iris
• Parts of the eye (students study names of parts of the eye,
then fill in the blanks with each corresponding name.
• Take a Closer Look section that further defines/explains
the function of each part of the eye.
• Further reading/links checklist section that the teacher can fill for
There is no answer key or teacher planning guide, but it's very concise and easy to follow. You can use this to supplement your curriculum or as practice sheets.