At the end of my last lesson about traveling, my students told me they would like to visit Los Angeles. Well, I heard them loud and clear, and I made this little reading exercise!
First, if you use my previous lesson before this, I ask them a few preliminaries questions to make them use the vocabulary seen, for example:
- How can you go to Los Angeles? (depending on where you live, they might have no other choices than plane, but how do they reach the airport first?)
- What would you take in your suitcase to go to LA?
- In which season/month would you like to go? For how long?
- With who would you like to go?
- Once you're in LA, would you rather take a taxi or take public transport?
Then I make them read the texts for themselves and then out loud (at least part of it, the first text is easier), and then they can start to answer the questions.
With the map, you can also ask them questions about directions or positions ("The Universal studios are next to Hollywood." / "Where is Malibu?", etc).
Sources: I gave the links to the text sources, but here are those from the pictures in order.