Visiting the Library Activities includes a variety of activities to get students comfortable and introduced to the library and books. This package includes task cards, games, graphic organizers, book marks, a reading challenge, and a book recommendation station. I really wanted to create a package that would work well for a librarian to use with a group of students in the library, a classroom teacher who visits the library with his/her classroom, or a homeschool parent to use with his/her child while visiting the public library.
This package includes:
1. I love the reading book mark
2. Visiting the library scavenger hunt
3. Visiting the library task cards.
(includes 20 task cards and a variety of supporting
templates and graphic organizers).
4. Reading genre BINGO
5. Finding the right fit book poster and foldable
6. What do good readers do? Poster
7. Reading strategies (Includes poster and bookmarks)
8. Book Recommendation Station (Includes 14 genre labels and 8 book recommendation
9. 100 minutes of reading challenge
(includes challenge spreadsheet and certificate).