This multi-purpose download is perfect for teachers looking to have a quick resource on hand when trying to proactively accommodate for diverse student needs and support task completion. All students have different learning styles and are performing at different levels, so these visual choice cards will allow for teacher control AND student choice at the same time. There are 45 choice cards in this product, and each card includes a visual. Included along with the 45 cards is a menu listing all of the 45 choices for quick teacher planning and reference. The goal is to be PROACTIVE in planning student choices, specifically in the areas of length, mode, instruction, and practice. This helps to decrease unwanted behaviors due to non-preferred or difficult task completion, as well as reach the wide range of needs in our classrooms. The variety of choices offered in this product allows you to use them with individual students or whole group. An idea to try is to offer up two or three choice cards paired with an activity or task, and then the student(s) will choose the one they prefer most. Give these visual choice cards a try in your classroom today!
What is included in this download:
1. I can use crayons.
2. I can use markers.
3. I can use a highlighter.
4. I can use a pen.
5. I can use a whiteboard.
6. I can draw a picture.
7. I can use a computer.
8. I can use an iPad.
9. I can use manipulatives.
10. I can record my work.
11. I can do my work on colored paper.
12. I can use a calculator.
13. I can use a clipboard.
14. I can pick a special spot.
15. I can sit in the teacher’s chair.
16. I can use a divider.
17. I can use noise cancelling headphones.
18. I can work near the teacher.
19. I can turn the lights down low.
20. I can listen to music.
21. I can choose a brain break.
22. I can get one drink.
23. I can do one job.
24. I can have extra time.
25. I can pick a partner.
26. I can work in a small group.
27. I can work alone.
28. I can choose the number of problems I complete.
29. I can choose the problems I complete.
30. I can take a quick walk.
31. I can have a snack while I do my work.
32. I can work for a shorter amount of time.
33. My teacher can read out loud for me.
34. My teacher can give me feedback.
35. My peer can give me feedback.
36. I can share my finished work with my class.
37. I can share my finished work with a peer.
38. My teacher can compliment my finished work.
39. A peer can compliment my finished work.
40. I can receive a sticker on my finished work.
41. I can leave what I don’t finish at school.
42. My teacher can write for me.
43. I can use a chalkboard.
44. I can use a special pencil.
45. I can earn something preferred when I am finished.
Easy preparation... Just print, laminate (to last longer), and cut! You may want to hole punch the top left corner and binder ring them for easier organization.
A big thank you to AG fonts, KG fonts, Teaching in the Tongass clip art, Educlips clip art, Creative to the Core clip art, and Lindy du Plessis clip art for helping make this product possible.
Copyright © Blooming Beyond. All rights reserved by author. Intended for single classroom/personal use ONLY, and should only be downloaded by the original owner. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view in any such manner. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clip art, fonts, frames, backgrounds and any other elements found in this product are copyrighted and may not be extracted or used outside of this file without permission or license.
Thank you for your purchase! I sincerely hope you enjoy this product. Please email me with any comments or questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.