Also included in
- This bundle of high school art lessons includes a wide variety of materials to use in the high school art class. They can all be taught via distance learning or in the classroom. It comes with a suggested sequence for an Introduction to Art Curriculum with suggestions for modifying lessons accordi$150.00$192.25Save $42.25
- This bundle of middle or high school art lessons works great for distance learning or in class teaching. It contains all of the lessons in my shop as of 7/21/2020. All of my lessons are created so you can share them with students through Google Classroom. The presentations are all in a shareable$220.00$295.25Save $75.25
This contains everything you need to teach high school or middle school art students how to keep a visual art journal. They can use an old book, a sketchbook or any pages they keep in a folder. All of my lessons are formatted to share digitally with your students so they can see any video demonstrations and presentations from their own devices.
If you want to learn how to use Google Classroom for art check out the resource below. In this product, I walk you through step by step how to get started and give you tips and ideas to make your lessons go smoother.
This lesson contains:
- A PowerPoint presentation to show students with lots of images and examples
- An edited video demonstration in the PowerPoint
- A handout explaining what the visual journal is and its benefits
- A handout explaining how to use various materials and techniques
- A step by step handout with photos explaining each step
- Sample prompts and ideas for topics
- A handout on the benefits of doodling
- Examples of doodle ideas
If you want students to create their own book, the below lesson is a very simple easy to make project.
Visual journals are so fun and students love being able to express themselves in unique and creative ways. Using mixed media and the elements of art to create meaning in journals allows students to organize their thoughts and ideas without having fear of not having the proper drawing "skills". They learn how to think outside the box and create art that is not just a literal representation of their ideas. They explore new art mediums and learn how "mistakes" can be opportunities to grow and think differently than what first comes to their minds. This process encourages students to layer materials and understand that art doesn't always look great immediately from the beginning. It takes layers and experimentation. It encourages risk taking and changing ideas as the artistic process unfolds. This lesson gives students so much confidence and the ability to think more abstractly. They learn how to make meaning and express their unique selves mindfully using various art methods and techniques.
If you like this lesson you may like this create your own book lesson. Students use collage, and simple sewing to create their own sketchbook/visual journal.
All of my lessons can be shared with your students through Google Classroom or any digital platform and are formatted to work for distance learning or in the classroom. They are designed to save you time and help your students access the tutorials, presentations, videos, or worksheets as easily as possible. You can find more ready to go, easy to follow, timesaving art lessons in my TPT SHOP.
You may also like:
- Digital Portfolio for Student Artwork
- Middle or High School Art Project Bundle
- Beginner Line Drawing Art Project Bundle for Middle or High School
Having difficulty with a file?
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
• Click the green star to get email notifications about new resources & sales.
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Go to your My Purchases page. Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment. You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!