Help students visual the relationship between a square and a square root by having them build squares on a 11 by 11 peg geoboard. Have them observe that the square root of the area of a square is always equal to the length of the side of the square. Use this concept to build understanding for the size of the square root of 2, 8, 18, through 200.
This is 1 of 9 Smartboard Files designed to deliver lessons on working with radical expressions. This is #1 of 9.
1. Visualize Radicals with the Geoboard
2. Simplifying Radical Expressions
3. Multiplying Radical Expressions
4. Simplifying Radical Expressions Containing Fractions
5. Simplifying Radical Expressions Containing Variables
6. Simplifying Radical Expressions Involving Addition/Subtraction
7. Koosh Ball Review of Simplifying Radicals
8. Koosh Ball Review of Simplifying Radical Involving Fractions
9. Square Root Review Game