PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This is a powerful visualization & reading strategy lesson for Reader’s Workshop that will encourage your students to create mental images while listening and reading a story. Not to mention that it is a highly engaging read aloud!
I have also included THREE Writing lessons that encourage your young writers to include vivid images in their writing to help THEIR readers create mind movies. Each lesson includes visual directions to project on your smart board (or print), graphic organizer to record mental images, and publishing paper.
Included in this Visualization Resource: .
• This lesson is broken up into 9 steps. You can present each step slide by slide. Just scroll or “page down”.
• TWO separate links are included for the story. The first link (step #1) includes audio only. The second link (step #6) includes audio and illustrations.
• There are two listening task cards included (with SafeShare links) for your Listening Center. Scan the QR code, or click on the book cover to be directed to the Read Aloud; free of ads and inappropriate content.
• One recording sheet will help your students compare their mental images with that of the illustrator.
• How To Build A Snowman Writing prompt with visual directions
• How to Build A Snowman graphic organizer to record mental images
• How to Build A Snowman publishing paper
• Snow Day! Writing prompt with visual directions
• Snow Day! graphic organizer to record mental images
• Snow Day! publishing paper
• Snowball Fight! Writing Prompt with visual directions
• Snowball Fight! graphic organizer to record mental images
• Snowball Fight! publishing paper
To learn more about this resource and see it in action, please visit the blog post: 50 Below Zero! Visualizing During Reader's Workshop.
Please visit The K Files blog for additional resources and ideas for the primary classroom!
From my home away from home…
The K Files