Visualizing Reading Strategy Task Cards- Print & Digital with Audio Support
- Google Apps™
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Huge discounted bundle of 22 sets of Reading Strategy Task Cards! Each card features a short, curriculum-based and/or high-interest passage, along with a text-dependent question or prompt. 17 sets include Audio Support and all the sets have Google Apps and Easel resources!This bundle includes 22 tasPrice $64.03Original Price $80.14Save $16.11
- This huge bundle of task cards includes reading skills and strategies, figurative language, vocabulary, sentence building and punctuation, parts of speech, affixes and roots, writing prompts, and plenty of overall ELA test prep and review. There are 107 products in this bundle, but you will get closPrice $260.20Original Price $377.43Save $117.23
- Help your students build comprehension with these 8 sets of task cards! The resources in this bundle have been classroom-tested by tens of thousands of teachers and will save you 25% off the regular prices!Each card features a short, curriculum-based and/or high-interest passage. The digital versionPrice $19.96Original Price $28.32Save $8.36
Each visualization task card features a different fiction or nonfiction paragraph to sketch what the student visualizes.
- 32 Task Cards (prints 4 to a page)
- Recording Sheets
- Answer Keys
- Classroom Poster
- Google Slides
- Easel Activity
- Digital or Print
- Challenge Card to extend the lesson
- Audio Support
- Multiple versions of the recording sheet included
Great for 3rd, 4th, 5th, or 6th grade!
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW TO SEE A LOT MORE!
This resource is part of a money-saving bundle!
This bundle includes these resources:
- Main Idea Task Cards
- Theme Task Cards
- Informational Text Structure Task Cards
- Summarizing Task Cards
- Cause and Effect Task Cards
- Compare and Contrast Task Cards
- Author’s Purpose Task Cards
- Making Inferences Set 1 Task Cards
- Making Inferences Set 2 Task Cards
- Making Informational Inferences Task Cards
- Sequencing Task Cards
- Character Traits Inferencing Task Cards
- Drawing Conclusions Task Cards
- Generalizations Task Cards
- Genre Task Cards
- Making Connections Task Cards
- Point of View Set 1 Task Cards
- Point of View Set 2 Task Cards
- Making Predictions Task Cards
- Questioning Task Cards
- Setting Task Cards
This resource uses American English and is editable.
All of the paragraphs on the odd numbered cards are fictional, while those on the even numbered cards are nonfiction (informational text). That way you can split the cards into two decks if you want to focus on one type of text.
There are 4 different student answer sheets provided. Two of them simply require students to sketch what they see in their minds. The other two also include writing lines so that students can incorporate their other senses and write about what they might hear, smell, feel, or taste. Use the one that works best for you. A visualizing poster, a cover card, and a challenge card you can use to extend the activity are also included.
- Download our to learn 31 different ways you can use this resource!
✏️ "My students loved this task cards the most out of all the task cards. They really get into the drawings and practice labelling using text evidence. I highly recommend!" -Jenny S.
✏️ "I never expected what a hit this was going to be! We did one every day for a couple of weeks and then once a week after that. They really got good at it and loved sharing what they drew!" -Corinne K.
✏️ "These cards have been a really great resource to have in our reading rotation groups as well as for explicit teaching. They really help the students to enhance their reading comprehension. Thanks so much!" -Jasmine J.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LOVE…
- Close Reading Passages & Questions
- Reading Response Task Cards
- Scavenger Hunts
- Close Reading Toolkit BUNDLE
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
- Follow us on .
- Join our .
- Check out our Blog
- Follow us on Social Media - or
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
- Go to your My Purchases page.
- Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment.
- You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ WE STRIVE FOR 5 STARS! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
NEED HELP? Before leaving feedback:
- Visit the FAQs section
- submit a help ticket
- ask a question on the Q& A tab
About the Author
Rachel Lynette is a published author of over 120 nonfiction books for children on a variety of subjects, as well as several teacher resource books. She has written for publishers such as Harcourt, Thompson-Gale, Rosen, Children’s Press, Evan-Moor, Kagan, and several others. This resource reflects more than a decade of professional writing experience.
This resource was created by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack for Minds in Bloom INC., all rights reserved. It may be used by the original purchaser for single class use only. Teachers may distribute this product in email, through google classroom or over the Internet to their students (and parents) as long as the site is password protected. In other words, you may distribute it to your own students, but may not put it on the Internet where it could be publicly found and downloaded.
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom