This download is a unit full of materials designed to introduce students to "Vital Signs". It covers the four main vital signs- temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure through a PowerPoint presentation as well as games, activities and worksheets. Listed below is what is included with a brief description. Most of the materials have been created to accommodate distance learning with electronic versions included.
*Video instructions included for both an overall guide and a distance learning guide.
- “That’s Vital Information” Game (PowerPoint and Google Slides): I use this game as an opening hook for this unit. It is a quiz style game that contains trivia facts on temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure- click on the video preview to get a sneak peak!
- “That’s Vital Information” Answer Sheet (PDF): This an optional form that students can use while playing the game. There is both a printable version as well as a fillable PDF to be used if needed for distance learning.
- Vital Signs Presentation (PowerPoint): This is a presentation that covers the major points of Vital Signs- click on the video preview to get a sneak peak!
- “Vital Sign Norms” (PDF): This graphic organizer can be used as a guide to students of the normal range for all four major vital signs.
- “Measure for Measure” (PDF): This worksheet covers material on temperature including the types, instruments used and converting Fahrenheit to Celsius. A fillable version is also included.
- “Pulse Sites” (PDF): A diagram for students to draw in a label the major pulse sites of the body
- “BP Practice” (PowerPoint): A presentation to allow students to learn how to read an aneroid monometer through a simulated blood pressure reading.
- “BP Sequencing” (PDF, Word or Google Slides): An activity to allow students to place the order of the steps in taking a blood pressure. Printable version or Google Slide virtual options available.
- “A Sure Sign” (PDF): This is a worksheet containing 4 patients with varying vital sign results. Students will chart results and then match patients with the most appropriate diagnosis. Both printable and virtual learning options available.
- Vital Signs Data Sheets (PDF): Just recently added these forms to use for students to input vital signs during hands-on practice times. Both a printable and electronically-fillable versions included!
*Answer Keys also included for all worksheets and activities
If you are interested in more content like this, be sure and check out my store HERE.
Follow me to be alerted when new content becomes available! Click HERE to follow!