Brought to you by Kodaly Music With Mrs Perry, this excerpt from Winter is perfect for teaching the rhythm "timka", also known as a dotted eighth-sixteenth.
HERE IS WHAT YOU GET:
* PAGES - 23
* ANNIMATED PAGES. Tap on the snowflakes and hear the Largo section of the movement. Tap elsewhere and the rhythms show up, beat by beat.
* RHYTHM WORK begins with a discussion of even and uneven sounds within a beat. The visual element shows mittens that are evenly sized representing quarter notes and eighth notes. There is ONE set of unevenly sized mittens, which represent the only timka (dotted eighth-sixteenth) in the selection. On the next page, you rhythms in Prepare mode. Next, you work with the Present page, with the actual dotted eighth-sixteenth notes. Finally, you have the Practice page, where students write the rhythms on the mittens with a marker.
* MELODY work takes up 7 pages. The first page is simply notation in two parts: first,you see it color coded to match boomwhackers. Page 2 is only notated in black and explains sharps. Page 3 discusses sequences and is highlighted. Page 4 includes both the notation and rhythms in color and page 5 is the same thing with black notation. Page 6 is in the key of D and page 7 is in the key of F.
* MAPS are included. You get the world map, the continent of Europe and the country of Italy.
* BACKGROUND ON VIVALDI is included.
* BACKGROUND ON THE MOVEMENT is included.
* LISTENING activity is included. The students are to be given note cards. They are to fill them out, following the example you will have on the board. The music is embedded on the page, and 4 sections are noted on the page in red..
Vivaldi - 4 Seasons - Winter - Largo
by Arranged by Debra Keller-Perry
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License