Brought to you by Kodaly Music With Mrs Perry, this excerpt from Winter is perfect for teaching the rhythm "timka", also known as a dotted eighth-sixteenth.
HERE IS WHAT YOU GET:
* PAGES - 17
* INTERACTIVE elements. Tap on the snowflakes and hear the Largo section of the movement. Tap on the mittens and hear jingle bells as they become highlighted. Drag the rhythms to the correct locations within the piece. Tap the color coded notation and it becomes black. Transpose the piece by dragging the notation to a new location on the staff. Add sharps where needed. Find the sequences and explain why they are sequences.
* RHYTHM WORK begins with a discussion of even and uneven sounds within a beat. The visual element shows mittens that are evenly sized representing quarter notes and eighth notes. There is ONE set of unevenly sized mittens, which represent the only timka (dotted eighth-sixteenth) in the selection. On the next page, you can drag the rhythms onto the mittens in Prepare mode. Next, you work with the Present page and drag the actual notation onto the mittens. Finally, you have the Practice page, where students write the rhythms on the mittens with a marker.
* MELODY work takes up 4 pages. The first page is simply notation in two parts: first,you see it color coded to match boomwhackers. If you want it only in black, tap it. On the second page, you can discuss the sequences, which are highlighted. The third page is rhythm and melody. It is color coded and notation turns black when tapped. Page 4 provides the opportunity to transpose the music. Sharps are available to drag into the music where needed.
* MAPS are included. You get the world map, the continent of Europe and the country of Italy. They are interactive and make an interesting sound when tapped.
* BACKGROUND ON VIVALDI is included.
* BACKGROUND ON THE MOVEMENT is included.
* LISTENING activity is included. The students are to be given note cards. They are to fill them out, following the example you will have on the board. The music is embedded on the page, and 4 sections are noted on the page in red..
Vivaldi - 4 Seasons - Winter - Largo
by Arranged by Debra Keller-Perry
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License