Also included in
- This Spanish Editable Movie Guide bundle includes 10 editable Google doc movie guides for Spanish class. It would be perfect for Spanish 1, Spanish 2, Spanish 3, Spanish 4, exploratory Spanish, or a Latin American culture class. The differentiated options mean you could use variations of the Spanish$33.99$42.93Save $8.94
This Vivo movie guide is designed for Spanish students while watching the film Vivo in Spanish class. It would be perfect for Spanish 1, Spanish 2, Spanish 3, Spanish 4, exploratory Spanish, or a Latin American culture class and can be found on Netflix. The differentiated options mean you could use variations of this one editable Google guide with all levels you teach.
This Editable Movie Guide for Vivo includes
- Page 1 - a character description chart with space to draw characters
- Page 2 - 15 comprehension questions about the film in ENGLISH OR
- Page 3 - 15 comprehension questions about the film in SPANISH to fill out while watching. (Pick which set of the same questions best fits your class level)
- Page 4 - 3 post-viewing discussion questions in SPANISH & character matching in novice SPANISH (The post-viewing sheet could be used as an assessment after watching the film).
- Keys for all four pages of the guide as included as well.
- + A Bonus Character Introduction Slideshow can be found in this post.
The movie would be the perfect complement to a study of Cuba, music, and has the theme of teamwork. This movie would be a good complement to a unit on Celia Cruz, a unit on music in Spanish class, and has Afro-Latinx representation. It is an appropriate animated musical with music by Lin-Manual Miranda and Gloria Estefan. It would be an appropriate movie to show during Hispanic Heritage Month.
This family-friendly, animated movie is rated PG and can be found on Netflix with a run time of 1 hour 35 minutes.
My own 4 & 7-year olds enjoyed the movie and I know of high schoolers who have as well. This movie could work from elementary to high school Spanish class.
What audio and subtitles to use for the movie Vivo?
On Netflix you can change both the audio and subtitles as needed. (When you change the audio to Spanish on this film the songs are in Spanish too!) As always, do what works best for your school and classes. Here is what I would personally do:
- Spanish audio & Spanish subtitles - upper-level students
- Spanish audio & English subtitles - novice level students
- English audio - exploratory Spanish or culture class
This is an editable Google Drive resource!
What are other teachers say about this Vivi movie guide
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I am using these movie guides for both my Novice 6-8 grade beginner Spanish classes and in my Intermediate 6-8 Spanish class for students in our dual language program. For my novice students I am using the English version of the questions and they are watching the movie in Spanish with English subtitles. For my intermediate students I am using the Spanish questions and watching the movie in Spanish with Spanish subtitles. I am so thankful for these low prep materials that I can use for 2 different levels! The movie is super cute and most of my students haven't seen it yet since it just came out on Netflix. ¡¡Gracias!! :) - Amy T
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ My students really enjoyed making a connection to the movie while completing these guided activities. (grades 6-8) - Sra. Ramos
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This guide was perfect. My students loved it. I have loved all of Mis Clases Locas materials that I have bought. - Irene S (Grades 9-12)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ A big time saver! I love your movie guides, it helps my students stay focused and describe their ideas :) A fun and great learning matter to enjoy a movie and continue to learn another language. Gracias! - Victoria M
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
✅ Interpretive Communication
✅ Presentational Communication
✅ Relating Cultural Practices to Perspectives
✅ Relating Cultural Products to Perspectives
✅ Acquiring Information and Diverse Perspectives
✅ Cultural Comparisons
Bundle up for the best deals possible!
- Get the Movie Guide Bundle for this film plus Coco, Vivo, Ferdinand, Pachamama, El camino de Xico, Selena, Dora & the lost City of Gold, The Book of Life & Canela
Have difficulty with a file?
- This is a Google resource that will be found in your Drive in a folder called my purchases.
- Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, or ask a question on the Q&A tab before leaving feedback.
- Follow my TPT store to see more!
- For more information & bonus activities Vivo in Spanish class blog post
- Sign up for my mailing list to get free resources and inspiration delivered right to your inbox
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.