For Vocabulary lessons, or extra practice at the beginning or end of any lesson, these Task Cards adapt to any Word List.
In pairs or independently, let students choose which card they want to use. You provide the word list (or assign one from your textbook) and they can use that Task Card for all the words on the list, or a different task for each word. Print the cards once and use over and over again.
These short and simple activities build word knowledge through noticing, repetition, sorting, pair work, critical thinking applications, and learner-driven examples. Task Cards are great for warm-ups, exit slips, games, and other practice. Click here for more ideas.
Level: Beginner-Advanced (CEFR A1-C)
40 Task Cards including:
- Spelling activities like "Circle the Vowels" "Write in Alphabetical Order" or "Make a Word Scramble"
- Partner work like "Gestures" "Use in a conversation" "Quiz your Partner"
- Meaning-based activities like "Find something in the classroom" or "Relate to a Famous Person"
- Printable Keyboard to practice typing words (one of the Task Cards)
- Teaching tips and activity ideas
Follow me for more classroom activities and resources!