Introduce students to vocabulary fun
This 3-page printable
• first introduces students to ANACHRONISMS
, with a definition and examples
• tells students about a 20-year-old character in a story set in 1950
• presents students with 22 events
the character is supposed to have witnessed, and students research the dates
and use critical thinking
to determine if the time element creates an ANACHRONISM
for the character
Also included is an answer key
This classroom-tested activity is suitable for middle school, high school classes, and college classes. Created by Susan Thurman.
To learn about new Class Act products, discounts, and freebies, just follow me
. Find my picture at the top right of any page in my store. To the right of the picture is a star with “Follow Me”
beside it. Click on the star, and I’ll send you customized updates about this store.
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases
? Just provide feedback for items you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback”
button next to your purchases, rate
the product, and leave a short comment.
(You need to do both
to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit
for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash
on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.
Here are other Class Act Press products you and your students might enjoy:
• FREEBIE!!! An Idiom by Any Other Name
• On Second Thought: Looking at Phrases That Use "Second"
• Tips of the Slung: A Humorous Look at Spoonerisms
• Amusing Adverbs: Fun with Tom Swifties