Students learn the meaning of the suffix "–logy"
and examine 38 words
that use it.
This 6-page printable
• first introduces students to the suffix "-logy,"
with a definition and examples
• tells students about the importance of using context clues
to determine meanings
• presents students with a list of 32 words with –logy suffixes
. Students use context clues
to determine which word best fits the sentence.
Students may use any available reference materials
to become familiar with words that are new to them.
Also included is an answer key
This classroom-tested activity is suitable for high school classes and college classes.
To learn about new Class Act products, discounts, and freebies, just follow me
. Find my picture at the top right of any page in my store. To the right of the picture is a star with “Follow Me”
beside it. Click on the star, and I’ll send you customized updates about this store.
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases
? Just provide feedback for items you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback”
button next to your purchases, rate
the product, and leave a short comment.
(You need to do both
to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit
for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash
on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.
Here are other Class Act Press products you and your students might enjoy:
• FREEBIE!!! An Idiom by Any Other Name
• On Second Thought: Looking at Phrases That Use "Second"
• Tips of the Slung: A Humorous Look at Spoonerisms
• Amusing Adverbs: Fun with Tom Swifties