Show your students that learning vocabulary
can be fun!
In this bell-ringer activity
, students use definitions of common words
that are also common first names
For instance, when students read the definition
• what a fairy godmother might wish
they can think of the name
This classroom activity is suitable for upper elementary, middle school, high school, and homeschool classes
To learn about new Class Act products, discounts, and freebies, just follow me
. Find my picture at the top right of any page in my store. To the right of the picture is a star with “Follow Me”
beside it. Click on the star, and I’ll send you customized updates about this store.
Earning TPT Credits
Do you want credit for future TPT purchases
? Just provide feedback for items you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback”
button next to your purchases, rate
the product, and leave a short comment.
(You need to do both
to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit
for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash
on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.
Here are other Class Act Press products you and your students might enjoy:
• The Open Window: The Study Guide for the H. H. Munro (Saki) Short Story
• FREEBIE!!! An Idiom by Any Other Name
• On Second Thought: Looking at Phrases That Use "Second"
• Tips of the Slung: A Humorous Look at Spoonerisms
• Amusing Adverbs: Fun with Tom Swifties
• Love Is All Around: Parts of Speech and Writing Fun