PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
CHRISTMAS: These Vocabulary Building Activities provide opportunities for children to practice identifying and naming items that can be found, and activities that people do, during the Christmas holiday celebrations. Great vocabulary activities for PreK, Kindergarten, Grade One and ESL classes!
Vocabulary: I have… /Who has…? CHRISTMAS (PRINT)
20 bright and engaging pictures (that can be used as story starters).
3 formats and three games included:
• Two pictures on the cards - 8 cards per page / and a larger format with 4 cards per page
• One picture per card – 4 cards per page / open-ended.
How to play the game(s):
Use the CHRISTMAS Chart as a reference. Identify and discuss all of the cards as a class, or group. If the child describes the picture in different words…that’s OK. (example: instead of ‘Christmas lights’- ‘lights’) Use the correct vocabulary to convey meaning. (example: as a class you may decide to use “cookies” instead of a “plate of cookies”.)
Example - Game 1
• The first player chooses any card and reads it. For example, “I have a plate of cookies. Who has a cupcake?” That child then places that card in a container, that has been placed on the table.
• Everyone looks at their cards to see if they have a cupcake. The person who does then says, “I have a cupcake. Who has a candy cane?” That child places that card in the container, and so on.
• Play continues until all the cards are in the container. (Play circles back to the ‘plate of cookies’ starter card.)
A great vocabulary building activity for:
· Teachers using reading programs like Jolly Phonics
· Speech Therapists
· Special Education Teachers
· EFL, ESL, ELD, ELL
· Classroom Teachers
You might like one of these Products:
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love that feedback!
As always, please contact me with any questions!
Thank you so much,
Laurie Fyke @ Primarily Learning
Teach – Play – Learn
Save on more great resources! Click here to visit my store!
Please Note: These products were created as supplemental resources to complement teaching synthetic phonics programs like Jolly Phonics. These products were independently created and are not officially endorsed, sponsored or affiliated with Jolly Learning Ltd.