Let students have some vocabulary fun
with this resource that combines idioms
and context clues
This 4-page printable activity
asks students to use context clues
in sentences to identify COMMON IDIOMS
related to CLOTHES
Since my paper was due tomorrow, I knew the time had come for me to b __ __ __ __ __
d __ __ __ and finish revising it.
Since my paper was due tomorrow, I knew the time had come for me to buckle down
and finish revising it.
A separate answer key
This activity is suitable for upper elementary, middle school, high school, homeschool, and college classes. Created by Susan Thurman.
To learn about new Class Act products, discounts, and freebies, just follow me
. Find my picture at the top right of any page in my store. To the right of the picture is a star with “Follow Me”
beside it. Click on the star, and I’ll send you customized updates about this store.
Here are other Class Act Press products you and your students might enjoy:
• The Open Window: The Study Guide for the H. H. Munro (Saki) Short Story
• Dusk: The Study Guide for the H. H. Munro (Saki) Short Story
• FREEBIE!!! An Idiom by Any Other Name
• On Second Thought: Looking at Phrases That Use "Second"
• Tips of the Slung: A Humorous Look at Spoonerisms
• Amusing Adverbs: Fun with Tom Swifties
• Love Is All Around: Parts of Speech and Writing Fun