Show your students that vocabulary
can be fun!
This 5-page printable
• first introduces students to PALINDROMES
, with examples of palindromes that are words, phrases, sentences, and numbers
• then presents students with 3 pages of fill-in-the blank sentences that use palindromes
. Students are told the number of letters in the word(s) that form the palindromes, and they use context clues to determine what the palindromes are.
Example: The navy personnel were alarmed when the ___________________ (5) device on the ship was not working properly.
Also included is an answer key
This classroom-tested activity is suitable for middle school and high school classes. Created by Susan Thurman.
To learn about new Class Act products, discounts, and freebies, just follow me
. Find my picture at the top right of any page in my store. To the right of the picture is a star with “Follow Me”
beside it. Click on the star, and I’ll send you customized updates about this store.
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases
? Just provide feedback for items you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback”
button next to your purchases, rate
the product, and leave a short comment.
(You need to do both
to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit
for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash
on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.
Here are other Class Act Press products you and your students might enjoy:
• FREEBIE!!! An Idiom by Any Other Name
• On Second Thought: Looking at Phrases That Use "Second"
• Tips of the Slung: A Humorous Look at Spoonerisms
• Amusing Adverbs: Fun with Tom Swifties