Vocabulary Activities Reading Crafts: Context Clues, Academic Vocabulary Words
2nd - 5th
What educators are saying
These templates have been a great additon to one of my centers used during our literacy block to reinforce the vocabulary related to their texts.
This resource was excellent to support the lesson that was given. My students were engaged in this, and they were excited to share their learning. Loved it! Thank you!
Also included in
- Are you looking to switch up your reader response activities? Graphic organizers are useful go-tos, but they are sometimes not enough to continually engage all of our growing readers. These reading comprehension strategies crafts are a fresh, engaging and unique way students can visually see each rPrice $31.00Original Price $53.00Save $22.00
- Are you looking to switch up your reader response activities? Graphic organizers are useful go-tos, but they are sometimes not enough to continually engage all of our growing readers in reading comprehension practice. These reading crafts are a fresh, hands on and unique way students can visually sePrice $79.80Original Price $142.00Save $62.20
Teaching students to use vocabulary strategies is crucial to their reading comprehension of both nonfiction and fiction texts. These reading comprehension crafts are a fresh, hands on and unique way students can visually see vocabulary words broken down for them. It is an alternative to reading response that will help you to reach all learners in your classroom.
These reading crafts require little to no prep, and the only materials needed are scissors and glue.
7 Vocabulary Crafts:
- Context Clues Detective’s Briefcase: Students find clues for their vocabulary words that they write on magnifying glasses and place into their “briefcase” pocket.
- Context Clues Detective’s Notebook: When put together, this resembles a sticky notepad where students fill in clues about a vocabulary word into a template on each sticky note.
- Context Clues Clipboard: This clipboard shows 6 context clues types as well as examples. This lift the flap craft has students record their context clues and types for each word.
- Roots & Affixes Trees: On each tree, students record their vocabulary word’s affixes and affix meanings, root and root meanings, and then an overall meaning.
- “A Close Look into My Vocabulary Words” Window Craft: Each word is placed on a page/window with 4 categories that students fill in to describe that word. All words require a definition, but students can choose the remaining 3 categories. The options are illustration, synonym/antonym, sentence, word parts, examples and non-examples. Their windows can be kept separate or stapled together into a book.
- 4-Square Vocabulary Lift the Flap
- Vocabulary Word Wheels Spinner (also in the Vocabulary Graphic Organizers Pack): This spinner allows students to study 6, 8 or 10 words by covering and uncovering each word as the cover spins.
Report this resource to TPT
Reported resources will be reviewed by our team. Report this resource to let us know if this resource violates TPT’s content guidelines.