Vocabulary is an essential part of reading comprehension, and it also happens to be something that students struggle with. If you are a 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade teacher looking for a super quick and easy way to help your students grow their vocabulary skills, check out the vocabulary routines included in this bundle.
This vocabulary bundle is filled with 7 quick-and-easy vocabulary routines that are easy to implement in your classroom. And the best part is that these routines will take you just a few minutes to complete each day.
Each “of the week” routine included in this set follows a similar weekly routine. Once students learn the routine for one of the sets, they will easily pick it up for the others.
- Monday: Students read a short passage or set of sentences that include the word or phrase of the week. Students make a prediction on what they think the word means.
- Tuesday: Students use a reference tool such as a dictionary or thesaurus to look up the meaning of the word/phrase.
- Wednesday - Friday: Students will engage in a variety of activities including drawing symbols, illustrations, looking for synonyms and antonyms, using the word/phrase in a sentence, and a variety of other tasks.
Once students learn the specifics of each routine, they make a great activity for a vocabulary center. Students can complete the tasks independently and with confidence.
Prep is quick and easy... Just print out the student recording sheet each week and display the word of the week on a PPT and you’re all set for a fun and highly engaging vocabulary activity!
THIS BUNDLE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING SETS:
LOVED BY BOTH TEACHERS AND STUDENTS:
Your students will love the daily activities associated with each routine. They will enjoy digging deep into word study and building their vocabulary skills with these quick and easy routines.
You’ll love how quick and easy these routines are. In just a few minutes each day, you can give your students practice using context clues and learning about words parts like root words and prefixes and suffixes. This will be the best 5-7 minutes of your day!
So many teachers love how easy it is to differentiate with this resource. With so many options that follow a similar routine, you can pick and choose the sets that work best for your students. And you can even differentiate levels when you use the Context Clue of the Week routine.
And, you can rest assured that no matter if you are teaching in person or in a virtual classroom… or if your school is switching between the two… this routine is one that will work in any classroom environment.
HERE’S WHAT YOU GET:
For each of the vocabulary “of the week” routines you’ll get a similar set of resources:
- 40 Word of the Week Cards: Includes word of the week written in short paragraph or example sentences.
- PPT Presentation with Word of the Week and paragraph so you can display it whole group.
- Two options for weekly student recording sheets
- Digital versions included
- Teacher Guide and Answer Key
USE THIS RESOURCE IN A VARIETY OF WAYS…
- Warm-up or bellringer work.
- As part of your morning meeting.
- In a reading workstation.
- Send home for homework.
- Use during small group lessons.
- Great for spiral review or test prep.
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Kerri R. says, "There are so many options within this resource!! The formats are user-friendly for both print and digital. I can choose which vocabulary skills I want to target. My students find this resource to be engaging and informative! They really enjoy researching and creating, then sharing their work with their classmates! Thank you!!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Jennifer T.. says, "I loved using this resource with my students when they were in small groups. It allowed them to complete so many different activities.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Young and Educating says, "Easy routines for vocabulary! I love that these can easily be turned into a weekly center and done without teacher support.”
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE…
Copyright © The Stellar Teacher Co. LLC
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.