Also included in
- Vocabulary activities that work for any vocabulary word list! Struggling to find challenging vocabulary practice for your upper elementary students? These vocabulary activities are the perfect upper elementary word work to use with any word list. Students will love choosing a new vocabulary graphic$14.00$20.50Save $6.50
- Use this literacy centers mega bundle for grades 3-6 to help save you time when planning your literacy centers. This mega bundle includes 3 bundles plus 2 more products for a total of 27 literacy center resources! These activities are perfect for use with Daily 5 or in literacy centers for upper ele$97.00$131.00Save $34.00
Struggling to find challenging vocabulary practice for your upper elementary students? These vocabulary activities are the perfect upper elementary word work to use with any word list. Students will love choosing a new vocabulary activity each day to practice their vocabulary words.
With these no-prep vocabulary activities, just print, laminate, and place in your Word Work center for easy student instructions. Students then complete the vocabulary activities or create their own vocabulary graphic organizers in their vocabulary journals or notebooks, so there are no copies to make each week!
Here’s how some teachers have used these activities:
- Display one activity per day for the class to complete in their vocabulary notebook (in a center or via your projector
- Print all the vocabulary activities, laminate, and use a binder ring to hang them in your vocabulary center
- Print each vocabulary activity, and place the instructions along with any supplies needed (colored pencils, etc.) in a pencil box for students to grab a surprise activity each day
- Print activities 4 per sheet, cut apart and put on a binder ring to send home with students for easy vocabulary practice at home
These diverse and challenging vocabulary activities are perfect for any word list no matter what curriculum you use and across all content areas!
This Word Work pack includes 18 fun & engaging vocabulary activities perfect for upper elementary:
- Picture Dictionary
- Super Sentences
- Four Square
- Make a Connection
- Seven Words
- ... and more!
Students will practice important vocabulary skills such as:
⭐️ Using the vocabulary word in sentences with context clues
⭐️ Defining the vocabulary term in their own words
⭐️ Making connections between words
⭐️ Creating visual representations of vocabulary words
⭐️ Identifying related vocabulary, synonyms, and antonyms
⭐️ Creating their own vocabulary graphic organizers
These activities are perfect to use in your Daily 5 Word Work center or in any type of literacy center for upper elementary students. They can also be used for morning work, distance learning, early finishers, or substitutes.
Do your students need content-area vocabulary practice? These activities are perfect for learning math, science, and social studies vocabulary too!
The best part? Your students will quickly learn the instructions for each activity, and get right to work on practicing in their notebooks. No copies required!
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Megan W. said, “This is a fabulous set of activities that can be used with any word lists. After teaching the activities and expectations once, they can be used over and over again for our independent work time. Thanks!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Rebecca said, “I teach a variety of students with various disabilities. This resource is able to be differentiated for the spectrum of students' needs. Thanks so much for creating this.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Amanda M. said, “My students enjoyed the activities. I have them work them in centers while I meet with small groups. They are self-explanatory and my kiddos are able to begin independently and stay on task easily.”
Students complete the different activities in their vocabulary notebooks therefore, NO WORKSHEETS are included in this specific resource. (If you are looking for printables, please see Word Work for Big Kids: Printables for Vocabulary.)
*No vocabulary word lists are included in this resource. These activities were created to support the vocabulary words you are already using in your curriculum and work with any word list. If you are looking for vocabulary units to use with your students check out these Greek & Latin Root Words for various grade levels!
⭐️ Bundle & save for a discount ⭐️
Supports Common Core Standards (CCSS):
RF.3.3, L.3.4, L.3.5, L.3.6
RF.4.3, L.4.4, L.4.5, L.4.6
RF.5.3, L.5.4, L.5.5, L.5.6
❤️ More Vocabulary Activities You’ll Love ❤️
Having difficulty with a file?
Copyright © Chalk & Apples
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.