Students have vocabulary fun
as they learn phobias
by studying context clues and prefixes
This 5-page printable
• introduces students to the suffix -PHOBIA
, with a definition and examples
• tells students about the importance of using context clues
to determine meanings
• presents students with 35 sentences
about different phobias. Students use context clues
to determine the meaning of the phobia.
Also included is an answer key
This classroom-tested activity is suitable for middle school, high school classes, and college classes.
Here are some reviews from previous buyers
• Awesome review for my 5th graders!
• Great for context clues, and also brought about a lot of group discussions and conversations!
• The kids enjoyed this.
• Great for my fourth grade vocabulary extension!
To learn about new Class Act products, discounts, and freebies, just follow me
. Find my picture at the top right of any page in my store. To the right of the picture is a star with “Follow Me”
beside it. Click on the star, and I’ll send you customized updates about this store.
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases
? Just provide feedback for items you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback”
button next to your purchases, rate
the product, and leave a short comment.
(You need to do both
to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit
for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash
on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.
Here are other Class Act Press products you and your students can enjoy:
• FREEBIE!!! An Idiom by Any Other Name
• On Second Thought: Looking at Phrases That Use "Second"
• Tips of the Slung: A Humorous Look at Spoonerisms
• Amusing Adverbs: Fun with Tom Swifties