**Note: This product is best suited for classrooms that are 1:1 and utilize Google Classroom. Please read the full description before purchasing!**
For my entire teaching career, I have been using some form of "bell ringers" as my class warm up. For this section of class to go smoothly, the students need a place to respond to the bell ringer and for years I've been using spiral-bound notebooks, and to be truthful, THEY'RE A PAIN IN THE BUTT. Flipping through 120 notebooks to grade is no picnic, not to mention, you have to finish them quickly so that you can return them for kids to keep working in them! But two years ago, a miracle happened:
I MADE THE MOVE TO DIGITAL. And now, they're ready to be shared with secondary teachers all over the world!
What is a Digital Interactive Notebook, anyway?
DIGITAL = the product is used online; paperless
INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK = a space for students to write, create, respond, and interact with the content in unique, challenging ways.
This VOCABULARY BELL RINGER DIGITAL INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK students can enter class, open their "digital notebook" on their Chromebooks or other 1:1 devices, and have a space to work on their vocabulary list. This product provides the notebook, the blank spaces and activity templates, for students to use each day. You simply need to provide the word list for each unit that you teach and you're set to go!
This product is a Google slide show. You will be given access to the slide show, and then, once you have made the edits and changes you'd like for your students, simply assign this slide show on Google classroom. Each student receives his or her own copy.
Next, you'd spend a day or two introducing your first set of vocaulary words. You can pre-load the words in the notebook for your students OR they can take digital notes of the words themselves.
For the duration of the unit, students can use this notebook to start or end class. Simply instruct them to open the Google slideshow, choose from one of the eight different vocabulary practice templates, and then complete that template with the word or words of their choice/your assignment.
The eight different vocabulary activities include:
*Write a Cinquain
*Tell a Story
You can see several of these in the document preview!
Why do I need this product?
1. GRADING IS SO MUCH EASIER! When you assign a digital product to students via Google Classroom, automatically, a folder is set up in your Drive that contains each individual student's notebook. When (and wherever!) you are ready to grade, all you have to do is click through the folder, comment as you like, and you're done!
2. No more lugging crates full of spiral bound notebooks home! And no more paper cuts!
3. Streamlining classroom procedures. With the spiral notebook method, you had to count on students actually showing up with the notebook itself. Now, it's never going to get lost, students can access it while absent, and IF they forget their Chromebooks one day, they can write on a piece of paper and add it to their notebook later. So easy!
4. Bell ringers are SO much more engaging. When students wrote in a notebook, all they could do was write. Now, on a digital platform, students can write, insert videos, select a song, etc. The opportunities for creativity and engagement are sky-high!
5. With this one product, you are SET for the rest of the school year. One purchase, one notebook, one system, all ready to go from August until June.
What is included in this product?
- A link to be shared via Google Classroom (it is highly recommended that you are a 1:1 classroom and also have Google Classroom before purchasing this product)
- Directions for teacher use
- Directions for student use
- A template library of EIGHT DIFFERENT activities to do with the vocabulary words that you've assigned
What on earth are you waiting for? Grab this Vocabulary Bell Ringer Digital Interactive Notebook today and be set for the school year!
About Mud and Ink:
Hi! I'm Amanda, the teacher-author behind the store Mud and Ink Teaching. I teach high school English in the Chicago suburbs. It is my mission to create and deliver challenging and creative lessons that allow YOU to get back to the adventurous, delicious, and exciting life of yours!
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel to stay up to date with the latest product reviews and insider peeks into my classroom. Check out my website here to read about my journey creating a balanced life as a teacher and be sure to visit my FACEBOOK PAGE for updates, inspiration, and giveaways!
Questions? I can't wait to connect!