Building student vocabulary is crucial to their understanding of curriculum content and the world. For students who have difficulties memorizing and retaining knowledge of key vocabulary, repeated access to visual and engaging stimuli is the key.
BINGO, is a popular and highly effective game for teaching vocabulary. It is easy to assemble, and even easier to implement with small groups of students. This resource includes:
- 49 x calling cards with colour clipart image
- 8 x full colour Fruit BINGO boards with 9 clipart images on each (all 8 boards are different)
- 8 x full colour Fruit & Vegetable BINGO boards with 9 clipart images on each (all 8 boards are different)
NOTE: This product is also available in the Vocabulary Builder- Fruit & Vegetable Games BUNDLE.
Due to differences around the world, some items are listed with several names (e.g. mandarin/clementine); therefore it is recommended to teach the name most applicable for your students.
Fruits and vegetables included in this resource are: apple, apricot/peach/nectarine, avocado, banana, beans, blueberry, broccoli, cabbage, capsicum/pepper, carrot, cauliflower, cherry, coconut, corn, cucumber, eggplant/aubergine, grapefruit, grapes, honeydew melon, kiwifruit, lemon, lettuce, lime, lychee, mandarin/clementine, mango, mushroom, onion, orange, papaya, passionfruit, pea, pear, pineapple, plum, pomegranate, potato, pumpkin/squash, raspberry, rock melon/cantaloupe, spinach, strawberry, tomato, watermelon, zucchini/courgette.
Some fruits and vegetables used in my other products are not included in this Memory game due. These include: asparagus, beetroot, brussel sprout, celery, fig, garlic, leek, radish, red onion, shallot, sweet potato.
Other ‘Vocabulary Builder’ resources recommended for use alongside this game include:
- Fruit and Vegetable Posters (free)
- Fruit and Vegetable Topic Cards
- Fruit and Vegetable Games (BINGO, Memory, Board game)- Sold separately and as a bundle
- Fruit and Vegetable Worksheets