Building student vocabulary is crucial to their understanding of curriculum content and the world. For students who have difficulties memorizing and retaining knowledge of key vocabulary, repeated access to visual and engaging stimuli is the key.
Board games are a popular, engaging and highly effective way of reinforcing vocabulary. The two board games included in this download are easy to assemble, and simple to implement with small groups of students. Each game is highly visual and easy to differentiate for varying student needs. Some suggestions for different levels of adjustments are outlined in the game instructions.
This resource includes:
Game 1: Fruit & Veg Fun!
- 1 x Fruit & Veg Fun! board game with colour clipart images (recommended to be printed A3)
- 1 x Fruit & Veg Fun! board game with colour clipart images *Colour saving (recommended to be printed A3)
- 1 x Answer Chart (for assistance with communicating, naming or spelling fruit and vegetable names)
Game 2: Fruit Bowl
- 1 x Fruit Bowl board game with colour clipart images (recommended to be printed A3)
- 1 x Fruit Bowl board game with colour clipart images *Colour saving (recommended to be printed A3)
- 8 x different coloured Bowls (one for each player to collect fruit)
- 2 x black and white Bowls (colour saving)
- 104 x Fruit Cards (8 of each fruit).
NOTE: This product is also available in the Vocabulary Builder- Fruit & Vegetable Games BUNDLE.
Due to differences around the world, some items are listed with several names (e.g. mandarin/clementine); therefore it is recommended to teach the name most applicable for your students.
Fruits and vegetables included in this resource are: apple, avocado, banana, blueberry, broccoli, capsicum/pepper, carrot, cauliflower, cherry, coconut, corn, cucumber, eggplant/aubergine, grapes, kiwifruit, lemon, lettuce, lime, mango, mushroom, onion, orange, passionfruit, peas/beans, pear, pineapple, plum, potato, pumpkin/squash, raspberry, rock melon/cantaloupe, strawberry, tomato, watermelon.
Some fruits and vegetables used in my other products are not included in this Memory game due. These include: apricot/peach/nectarine, asparagus, beetroot, brussel sprout, cabbage, celery, fig, garlic, grapefruit, honeydew melon, leek, lychee, mandarin/clementine, papaya, pomegranate, radish, red onion, shallot, spinach, sweet potato, zucchini/courgette.
Other ‘Vocabulary Builder’ resources recommended for use alongside these board games include:
- Fruit and Vegetable Posters (free)
- Fruit and Vegetable Topic Cards
- Fruit and Vegetable Games (BINGO, Memory, Board games)- Sold separately and as a bundle
- Fruit and Vegetable Worksheets