Un paquete de palabras de comida para lectores principantes
Please see preview.
This Spanish pack contains three sets of 27 word cards. One set features the vocabulary words with corresponding pictures, one set features the pictures only, and the third set of cards contains just the words.
These cards can be in a variety of ways such as in a word wall or at a writing center. They can also be used to play several games that are perfect for beginning readers:
• Matching Game: Have students pair up the picture cards with the word cards. For beginning readers, scaffold the task by giving them one picture card and two or three word cards at a time. As students get better at the game, give them more card options or use foods that start with the same beginning sound to make them look at all of the parts of the words rather than just the first letter.
• What Food Am I? Game: Without showing the student their food card, tape a picture or word card to the back of each student. (You can also tape them to sentence strips and then staple the ends of the sentence strip together to make a hat.) Have students work with a partner to ask yes or no questions in order to figure out what their food card is. I also like to have a second set of the picture cards displayed on the board so that students can use it as a kind of word bank as they learn more and more information about their given card.
• Am I eaten at breakfast?
• Am I eaten as a snack?
• Am I sweet?
• Am I salty?
• Am I a fruit?
• Am I a vegetable?
• Do you drink me?
• Do you eat me?
• Do you eat me with a fork?
• Partner Matching Game: You can also give a word card to half of the students and a picture cards to the other half of the students. Allow the students to see what their card is. Then, have students mill around the space until they find their partner, the person whose card matches theirs. Redistribute the cards and repeat.
You may also be interested in:
• Writing Words: Syllable by Syllable Bundle
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
La Maestra Sonriente, copyright 2014