This resource provides picture and text based learning for the vocabulary and language of the shapes, spatial/locative/quantitative/qualitative concepts, numbers, and objects used in Math. It is useful for speech-language therapy and special education.
Included are words and symbols for shapes, numbers, quantitative concepts. and words for spatial locations.
1. An interactive book: Where is it? for prepositions
2. Vocabulary matching picture to word; prepositions
3. Vocabulary cards for a variety of drill & game formats, as well as interactive notebook pockets and a sorting mat for sorting the spatial concepts. Cards are provided symbol and label, symbol only, text only
4. Visual scenes for following directions by descriptive concept and/or spatial concepts
5. Task/game cards (12) for answering Wh questions with a preposition
1. There is a mini-book for shape words and concepts,
2. Activities for finding shapes in common objects,
3. An interactive book about finding shapes in foods,
4. Vocabulary picture cards for shapes & sizes, with and without labels, and label cards for matching,
5. 12 different tic-tac-toe cards for practicing vocabulary terms.
1. Includes an interactive book for quantitative concepts more/less/equal,
2. Vocabulary cards, with and without labels, and labels for matching,
3. A few different activities for sorting more and less, big and small, and the vocabulary of simple math operations with samples of the variety of different words used
4. Task/game/clip cards (20) for telling more, less, or equal
5. A more/less identification task with numbers (in both color & b/w)
Spatial concepts set has another mini-book, along with vocabulary word matching and vocabulary card activities, activities for following directions with spatial concepts and answering, “Where?”
There are also visual scenes for following directions & answering questions based on the concepts covered in all three sections of the resource.
Activities included are at a variety of levels, as most special education classes have students with a range of skills
You might like more special education vocabulary resources or Everything Spring