This is a power point presentation that gives helpful tips on how to teach vocabulary to students. It includes revolutionary ideas such as allowing students to select their own vocabulary words and discusses how to go about implementing something like this in your class.
The strategies within this power point are tried and true, not only by me, but also by my fellow peers.
In this power point you get:
1. the research behind teaching vocabulary
2. 5 expert methods on how to help students learn new words on
3. a plethora of approaches to vocabulary instruction
4. steps on how to get students to select their own vocabulary
5. a list of students activities for making vocabulary usage
6. steps in how to select words and phrases to teach
7. ideas in how to model word solving strategies
8. how to get students to use vocabulary words more often in
This power point is great for teachers or administrators. Guaranteed to help the novice teacher and the veteran teacher alike.