Take your class on a fun Vocabulary adventure! While practicing/learning their vocabulary words, your students can work together to find the missing items in this journey! All you have to do is insert your chosen vocabulary words, and then the journey can begin!
- The purpose of using this file is to give your class a fun, and mysterious journey while they review/practice their vocabulary words/write sentences. As a class, students will take turns choosing different mystery doors to open, trying to find the items missing on the list. (You can certainly turn this into a class game, if you wish!)
- DO NOT DELETE OR MOVE any of the slides on this file, otherwise it may interfere with the activity. Everything is already linked up for you. Simply insert your chosen vocabulary
- Before you can use this activity, you must set it up.
- You will need to type in the vocabulary words you want your class to review in the YELLOW BOXES ON SLIDES WITH OPEN DOORS. AND, you can also type in any specific instruction you have for your students while they complete this activity. (You can ask them to write a sentence, or write a definition, etc).
- Scroll through the slides below, and insert your selected vocab words in the yellow boxes (starting with slide #8, through slide #25)
- After you inserted your vocabulary words, you can begin using this with your class!
- I have some suggestions here, but use this however it best fits your class/teaching style!
- YOU MUST ENTER “PRESENT” Mode to make this interactive with your class.
- Sequence of events while using this:
- Begin on Slide #5--You will meet the main character, who will begin the search for what is missing! Follow the prompts on the screen.
- On the following slide, you will then see a checklist of all the things your class needs to find along the way.
- Click the arrow in the right corner which says “See The Doors.”
- On the following slide, you will see 18 different doors--the checklist items are hidden behind these doors!
- Students can come up to the board, and choose the door they want to go through!
Before students can see what is behind each door, they must (Your choice-- define the vocab word that appears on screen, or use it in a sentence, etc)
As you complete this journey with your students, you should keep track of a few things:
- On the whiteboard, keep track of what numbered doors the students have chosen.
- On the whiteboard, keep track of what items they have found on the checklist.
- You can certainly turn this into a game for the class. (Give them a goal, such as finding 12 items on the list, etc.)
- IDEA: If they don’t give a correct definition to a word, they don’t get to find the item behind the door they chose to click on.
- Split them into teams, and they take turns writing definitions/sentences on the board, to try to open the doors.
- MAYBE, make certain items on the checklist worth different amounts of points.
USE THIS TO BEST FIT YOUR CLASSES NEEDS--HAVE FUN!!!!
NOTE: The product you purchase here is a Microsoft Word Document, which comes with a link to the Google Slides file of the Vocabulary Mystery search, so you can copy the file into your own Google Drive. This allows you to fully edit the file, in case if you feel like adding anything!