Minimal cutting and gluing, maximum engagement with vocabulary words! These 16 activities (to use with any vocabulary list) are an effective way to increase understanding and retention of new words our students encounter! Student directions with sample pictures are also included (half-sheet size that can be laminated and placed on a ring in a word work center, or can be placed on the front of file folders containing the activity pages, or however suits your classroom!). Keeping vocab work together in an interesting interactive notebook also encourages our students to look back through and review the words, since these are not simply worksheets to look over.
Students will each need a composition notebook, and note that vocabulary lists are not included (these are meant to be used with your vocab lists, with words that students encounter on their own, and/or even your vocab words in the content areas). Please see the preview for a look at the items listed below.
This product includes:
- Teacher directions and tips for implementing notebook
- Notebook cover label (to be placed on front cover of composition notebook)
- Student direction pages (half-sheet size) with sample pictures for each of the activities
- 16 activities as follows:
Four Square (Frayer Model)
Act It Out
Roots -n- Affixes
Similar Synonyms & Opposite Antonyms
Shades of Meaning
Flash Card Flaps
If you have questions or ideas for how I can improve my products, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you like this product, please leave positive feedback in order to receive credit toward future purchases! Also, consider following me on TpT!
Also check out these other resources:
Fiction and Nonfiction Literature Circles Grades 3-5
Alliteration Pyramid Poem: Lesson Plans and Printables
Monster Simile Poem: Lesson Plans and Printables
Thank you and happy teaching!
© Erin Guge – All Rights Reserved
- You may not create anything to sell or share based on this product.
- This product is for one teacher use only. If others like the product, please send them to my TpT store.