This interactive notebook is a great way to organize your weekly vocabulary lists! This can be used with any words, but there are suggested words for each grade level included in this pack.
How to use this pack
You can have students add these pages in a binder, or they can glue the pages into a spiral notebook. This pack has room for 10 words each week. There are 140 suggested words for grade 3-5. You can use 6-7 words from this list each week and then add some words from your curriculum. Cross out or color the words as you use them.
Day 1 (Monday)
- Give students the first page where they record the words and the definitions.
- Then assign a word for each student to create a word wall card. Each card should have the word and a visual clue.
- Pick the best card for each word and hang them up on a bulletin board as your word wall.
-There is also an editable form for you to type your weekly words and definitions as a take-home list.
Day 2 (Tuesday)
- It’s time to act out the words. This is my students' favorite activity. Separate your students into small groups and give each group 1-2 words to act out. The rest of the students should try to guess the word at the end of the skit.
Day 3 (Wednesday)
Select an activity for their words. There are a number to choose from.
- Word sort
- Write analogies
- Greek roots
- Word to self connections
- Illustrate it
- Word to word connections
- Synonyms and antonyms
- Whole Class- Order the Synonyms
- Create a comic
- Vocabulary alliteration
- Vocabulary Figurative Language
- Roll it
Day 4 (Thursday)
You can do another activity that you did not do on Day 3.
Day 5 (Friday)
Quiz Day! There is an editable quiz in multiple choice format. Simply type your questions and give them choices.
Please check out the preview!