This set of 24 vocabulary words (6 words per week for 4 weeks) includes the following:
- Slides for teaching and learning vocabulary using the Frayer model (definition, part of speech, synonyms, antonyms, and used in a sentence)
- I also began adding synonyms and antonyms in the speaker notes under each slide
- A vocabulary quiz for each week (definitions, synonyms/antonyms, sentences, and parts of speech)
- Alternative version of the weekly quiz for 9, 10, and 11 with things swapped around to deter copying/cheating!
NOTE: This particular bundle does NOT include a cumulative test as this bundle of vocabulary generally falls toward the end of a semester.
These words were selected to challenge and engage my 9th grade English 1 students.
I recommend using these vocabulary sets in a similar way to how I used them in my classroom:
- On Monday, students work through the vocabulary as a class using a Smartboard or projector, coming up with synonyms/antonyms and sentences as a group
- During Monday vocabulary lessons, students filled in a blank Frayer model chart designed to fit into composition notebooks (available for free in my store!!)
- On Thursday, play some kind of review game as a class (Kahoot, Quizlet live, pictionary, bingo, etc)
- On Friday, quiz in class
You might also enjoy these products:
FREE Frayer Model Printable: https://bit.ly/2H1fQrE
Vocabulary 1-4 Set: https://bit.ly/2EoHmdj
Vocabulary 5-8 Set: https://bit.ly/2H2gVj8
Vocabulary 13-16 Set: https://bit.ly/2EonmaS
Vocabulary 17-20 Set: https://bit.ly/2GCmC85
Created for Ms Moore's English Classroom