Vocabulary Squares facilitate memory acquisition through multiple learning strategies that have students visualize their words in context. Use the attached template as best fits the needs of your students:
• For students who struggle with vocabulary, have them complete a square for every word.
• Divide up the words and use the squares as a bell-ringer activity. Then, have students share their pictures and sentences.
• Use student-created sentences and/or pictures on tests & quizzes.
• For “point recovery,” have students complete squares for vocabulary words they miss on a quiz.
• Use the small squares on the final page as flashcards.