This is a set of task cards that covers the 3rd grade VA SOLS for Language Arts. It focuses primarily on students answering questions with multiple-answers - designed to be like the technology-enhanced items on recent VA SOLs.
- identify synonyms for a given word
- identify antonyms for a given word
- identify words that use a given prefix correctly
- identify words that use a given suffix correctly
- identify root words
- identify the meaning of a word with multiple given meanings
You can use these cards as a "scoot" game where students scoot around the room one desk at a time. You can also tape them around the room and let students work at their own pace. You could also use them for early finishers. The options are endless!
There are 24 task cards, a recording sheet, and an answer key.