With this purchase, you will receive 365 vocabulary words that are specific to 4th grade. I used numerous resources to determine the words that are most prevalent in 4th grade reading materials, curricula, and areas of study.
On each slide is the word of the day along with its definition and usage in a sentence. The words progress in level of difficulty, beginning with foundational words and building from there.
My original intention was to print each page of the power point, cut to size, pad (glue) the top, and have a tear-off calendar with a new word to learn each day. I did do this for my son when he was in fourth grade, and it worked well.
In the classroom, you may apply this in several different ways:
1. Students may each be assigned a word and present it to the class on an assigned day.
2. Words may be introduced then put on a word wall to reference throughout the year.
3. Using a new word each day, the word of the day can be the “attention-getter”. After you say the word, students must stop what they are doing, say the definition, and then listen for your instructions.
4. Students may create word art to further reinforce the meaning of the words.
5. The possibilities are endless!
You will receive an editable power point so you may change the numbering system in a way that suits your needs (perhaps with the date on the top instead of the number). You will also receive the same document in PDF format.