This is the vocabulary resource you've been waiting for! These worksheets give multiple exposures to both tier 1 and tier 2 vocabulary words... perfect for providing direct vocabulary instruction during speech and language therapy! They're evidence-based, effective, and take absolutely no prep work - just print and go!
These worksheets are especially great for students with lower language levels because you can start with more basic words (e.g., old, empty, open) and proceed to more challenging words (e.g., calculate, analyze, disrupt) using the same format.
This file includes worksheets to target 100 different vocabulary words so you'll have print and go, no-prep vocabulary worksheets that will last you for many years!
Each one sheet vocabulary worksheet includes:
- Three real-life photos that illustrate the word
- The vocabulary word used in a sentence
- Room to draw a picture of the word
- A child-friendly, simple definition
- Related words (from the same word family) or synonyms for the word
- Phonological awareness activities
- A section to discuss how well they know the word and to draw upon any background knowledge they have of the word
- A section to read the word, say the word out loud, and write the word
- 1-3 carryover activities, questions, or challenges to practice using the word in context
Some examples of words targeted are: ancient, choose, debate, finish, freeze, improve, lift, prevent, repair, share, team, variety, and young. Please look at the preview images to see a complete word list.
This resource is incredibly easy to use in teletherapy or distance learning. It now includes interactive checkboxes and a box to type each vocabulary word on the worksheet (instead of handwriting). I also included a link to access the worksheets on Google Slides™️ so that you can more easily type and draw on the worksheets!
If that sounds like something you need, check out the preview images to see an example of some of the worksheets!
The pictures and fonts chosen were meant to make these printables age-appropriate for a wide variety of learners including diverse students.
If you're looking for vocabulary worksheets for older or higher level students, check out my Upper Level Vocabulary: Guided Worksheets + Assessment resource by clicking here.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com prior to purchasing!
☟ Let's stay in touch! Sign up for my email newsletter and follow me on social media to hear about freebies, new product releases, and helpful ideas for your therapy room! ☟