Also included in
- This unit is perfect for r vocalic articulation readings and r vocalic articulation sentences work. Each reading (plus vocabulary terms and comprehension questions) is on one sheet - great for groups and for telepractice. Each packet includes 60 vocalic /r/ sentences and 3 readings (plus an SLP data$16.00$20.00Save $4.00
Are you working on /R/ at the reading/and or sentence level with a student? Are you looking for an engaging reading packet where your student can practice their /R/ sounds and learn something new? This packet is just what you are looking for.
This packet has (all with a focus on vocalic /r/ articulation reading with a vampire bat theme:
- Vocalic /r/ sentences (10 for each type of vocalic /r/, for a total of 60 sentences)
- 3 Readings, each with vocabulary terms and comprehension questions
- An SLP data sheet (organized by total or vocalic /r/ sounds - with the /r/ sounds counted up for you)
- A print and go (or screenshot and go) one-page homework sheet for your students
Each reading also comes with vocabulary words and definitions and comprehension questions so students can practice their articulation skills in structured Q & A activities after the reading. This is perfect for groups or for screen sharing since each single page includes everything you need (readings, vocabulary words, and comprehension questions).
Want to learn more? Download one page a similar product (for free) here.
This 13-page packet includes:
- Cover, page 1
- Table to contents, page 2
- /R/ vocalic sentences, broken up by type (er, or, air, ire and so on), pages 3-5
- Introducing the Vampire Bat Reading and SLP Data Sheet, pages 6-7
- Vampire Bat Feeding Reading and SLP Data Sheet, pages 8-9
- Bats and Night Reading and SLP Data Sheet, pages 10-11
- Student homework sheet (fill in the blank activity), page 12
That's a total of 3 /er/ reading passages with included SLP data sheets, 60 vocalic R sentences broken up by vocalic type (10 sentences each of /er, or, ar, ire, ire, ear/), a print and go homework sheet, plus comprehension questions and vocabulary terms.
Since each reading (plus comprehension questions and vocabulary) is on a full page, this product is ideal for low print (just print one page per session - two if you want the SLP data sheet that goes with each reading), or for screensharing the student page without having to click around.
Due to the reading level of this product, it is recommended for third grade reading level and up.
These informative nonfiction texts give students a chance to practice their /R/ sounds in a reading that is very much like something they might read in class. If you like this unit, you'll also like this /ER/ earthquakes and thunderstorms unit.
Connect with SLP Happy Hour
Feel free to contact me via the website (contact page) or Instagram for corrections and suggestions. Thank you for your interest, and I hope your students enjoy this product just as much as my students have!